While I'd prefer that the decorations go up after Thanksgiving, I wholeheartedly welcome the decked Malls and I am all for "let the holiday spirit of love and good cheer fill the air" especially with so much uncertainty with economies around the world. The decorations draw the people out to enjoy the beautifully decked malls and put a smile on their faces. They may even be inclined to start spending a little money. That's the stimulus package that we need most right now - stimulate a little happiness and joy!
After breakfast, we would check out to see if there are movies worth seeing. The AMC 14 movie theater at the mall has stadium style seating which is great because there is no way the person in front can block your view. On the other hand, the stadium style seating makes it extremely comfortable to rest one's feet on the seat in front - I hate it when people actually does that. We saw Bond's "Quantum of Solace" there a fortnight ago. I was somewhat disappointed with the movie because there was nothing new or unique - no new gadget, no new car, no exotic site, just some high velocity car scenes. I expected more from Bond movies.
Last Sunday because there was no good movie to watch we headed out the the Farmers' Market in Fairfax. My H had read on the internet that they have a great fresh fruit section. We found only three stores selling fruits. I asked the young Mexican girl who was the cashier at one of the stores if there was ever more fruit stores than what is now, she said, "Yes, twenty years ago there were a lot more fruit stores." !!!!?????? Well, I guess all internet recommendations of places to visit should be properly dated.
No comments:
Post a Comment